Saturday, June 1, 2019

{ Let's Read About ... } Picture Book Biographies/Nonfiction

Welcome to June and HAPPY SUMMER!!! :D


Summers are great for me because my husband is a teacher, so we get to spend a lot of time together as a family and have lots of adventures! We do have a lot of plans for the summer, but I'm hoping I'll have a nice bit of downtime too while Daddy entertains the little dude so I can kick this blog into overdrive and do some serious posting during the next few months!

To get that started, remember waaaay back in January when I made some New Year's resolutions for my blog and announced I'd be doing some themed weeks each month with different topics? ... Erm, yeah. That hasn't happened yet, really. But now's a great time to start!

So starting on Monday, Week 1 of June will be all about picture book biographies, and picture book nonfiction in general! What does that mean? I'll be sharing my own reviews and booklists, sharing some links around the blogosphere to other reviews and booklists... anything that fits the theme and catches my eye!

What is a picture book biography, you may be asking? It's a biography written in picture book format - so a shorter account of a real person's life or a significant moment from it, usually including lots of illustrations. Here's a list of popular picture book biographies on Goodreads to give you an idea. That list has over 600 books, including multicultural biographies and biographies of women, so chances are you'll find one that you'd like to try!

Can't wait to share my readings, reviews, and discoveries with you all this week! Don't forget to use sunscreen and stay hydrated out there! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment