Wednesday, August 21, 2019

{ WWW Wednesdays } : August 21, 2019

https://samannelizabeth.wordpress.com/tag/www-wednesday/
WWW Wednesdays is hosted by Taking on a World of Words. It’s a weekly blog meme to talk books by answering 3 questions:
  • What are you currently reading? 
  • What did you recently finish reading? 
  • What do you think you’ll read next?



I've participated in WWW Wednesdays in the past, but it's been a while since I've joined in... I'm excited to get back into it! :)


{ Currently reading } :
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/35035160-the-merry-spinster?ac=1&from_search=true The Merry Spinster: Tales of Everyday Horror by Mallory Ortberg
Man, I love me a good collection of fairy tale retellings. So far this one is pretty good - some of them have confused me, or have ended kind of anticlamactically, but for the most part I'm enjoying them. Technically an adult book but I think YA readers who are into fairy tale retellings (especially those who are into unique retellings with an edge of horror) would probably enjoy giving this one a read.



{ Finished reading } :
Berserker by Emmy Laybourne
This was so good!! I've had this one for a while and it got buried in my TBR pile, but I'm so glad I finally pulled it back out! It's a historical fantasy/western, with Norse mythology. And yes, it's as awesome as it sounds.







{ Reading next } :
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/29401441-everything-must-go Everything Must Go by Jenny Fran Davis
This is another one that's been stuck on my TBR for a while. It sounds like an interesting story - YA about a Quaker boarding school, told in epistolary style with letters, emails, journal entries, etc. I'm excited to start it! 







That's it for me this week! What did you read this week? Link to your WWW Wednesdays post in the comments - I'd love to come visit! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment