Tuesday, September 18, 2018

{ Top Ten Tuesday }: Books On My Fall 2018 TBR

{ Top Ten Tuesday } was started by The Broke and the Bookish but is now hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. She says, "It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together."


Books On My Fall 2018 TBR

Wow, just realized my Fall TBR is kinda dark. And I'm so ready. Bring me everything creepy, weird, and mysterious!

{ #1 }
An Assassin's Guide to Love and Treason
by Virginia Boecker

Despite the fact that every time I look at this book I think it's a part of the Montague Siblings series, I'm still excited for it. Murder plots and royal spies set around a Shakespeare play in the days of Queen Elizabeth I? Yes, please.





{ #2 }
Blanca & Roja
by Anna-Marie McLemore

Reviews say this is a retelling of a mix of Snow White & Rose Red and Swan Lake, with rival sisters, a diverse cast, and beautiful writing. Sign me UP.






{ #3 }
The Boneless Mercies
by April Genevieve Tucholke

The Goodreads synopsis says: "Full of fierce girls, bloodlust, tenuous alliances, and unapologetic quests for glory, this elegantly spun tale challenges the power of storytelling—and who gets to be the storyteller." I mean... To say I want to read it is an understatement.




{ #4 }
Empress of All Seasons
by Emiko Jean

A fantasy with Japanese mythology. An enchanted palace with rooms themed by the seasons. A competition where girls try to survive the rooms to become empress. Also, at least two of the girls are monsters.





{ #5 }
Girls of Paper and Fire
by Natasha Ngan

Paper girls are taken to become concubines of the king... until one falls in love, and dares to change her fate. Sounds amazing. I hope it lives up to the hype.






{ #6 }
Grim Lovelies
by Megan Shepherd

This one strikes me as almost a reverse Beauty & the Beast - animals are enchanted to become human by an evil witch, and they must solve the mystery of her murder before the enchantment keeping them human disappears. It's getting mixed reviews, but the Parisian setting and (let's be honest) that cover are really drawing me to it.



{ #7 }
Nightingale
by Amy Lukavics


Set in the 1950s, a girl who aspires to be a horror writer is committed to a mental institution, where people disappear and she begins having hallucinations... Some reviews say it's hard to figure out what is going on, due to an unreliable narrator, but that sounds like just my kind of read.



{ #8 }
Sawkill Girls
by Claire Legrand

The synopsis alone for this one sounds so eerie and magical and fantastic, I can't wait to get my hands on the actual book.







{ #9 }
When We Caught Fire
by Anna Godbersen


Anna Godbersen hooked me way-back-when with her Luxe series - I loved the romantic, dramatic, elegant atmosphere in those books. This one set amidst the Great Chicago Fire and the synopsis says it's "sweeping, soapy, and romantic," and contains "an epic love triangle—one that will literally set the city ablaze." I'm ready, y'all.


{ #10 }
The Wren Hunt
by Mary Watson

There are two groups of people fighting for a magical power, and one girl is chased through the woods every year, for some reason? I don't even understand what this one is about, but I'm really excited for it. It sounds magical and intricate.







What books made your list this week? Let me know in the comments!

6 comments:

  1. Great list! I've seen Blanca & Rose on so many lists, I need to check it out, and An Assassin's Guide to Love and Treason and Empress of All Seasons sounds so good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful list. I can definitely see why The Assassin's Guide to Love and Treason would make you think of that other series (it was the first thing I thought of based on the title, although since the font is different I assumed it wasn't connected).

    Hope you have a wonderful weekend. - Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the two are different enough - but for some reason EVERY time I see it my brain is like "wait what??"

      Hope you have a great weekend too! :)

      Delete
  3. Empress of All Seasons and Blanca & Roja sound the most interesting of that list. There are so many good books coming out this fall!

    ReplyDelete