Sunday, March 1, 2015

{ Something Old, Something New } March 2015


{ Something Old, Something New } is a meant to help us focus on the new releases in our TBR piles and also hand-pick some older books that we've been meaning to read. (I'm hoping down the road when I have more time to read I can add in the "something borrowed" and "something blue"... but for now, when I'm lucky to read 2 books a month, it's just "old" and "new".)


On my reading list for February 2015 was...

{ Something Old }


Teacher's Pest
by Charles Gilman

Release date: May 7, 2013

I haven't yet posted my review... but it will be up soon!




{ Something New }


Beastkeeper
by Cat Hellisen

Release date: February 3, 2015

I haven't yet posted my review... but it will be up soon!





What was on your reading lists for February 2015?...

Amber Stokes (Seasons of Humility)

{ Something Old }   { Something New }
          
--------------------The Bachelor Baker---------Meant to be Mine
---------------------by Carolyne Aarsen---------by Becky Wade
----------------Read Amber's review here!---Read Amber's review here!



On my reading list for March 2015 is...

{ Something Old }

Substitute Creature
by Charles Gilman

Release date: September 24, 2013
Available as: hardcover, Kindle edition, ebook
Pages: 171
Publisher: Quirk Books
Suggested tags: middle grade, paranormal, horror



Fourth in the Tales from Lovecraft Middle School series. From Goodreads:
"When a giant nor’easter dumps a blanket of snow on the village of Dunwich, Massachussetts, Robert Arthur and his friends find themselves marooned inside Lovecraft Middle School. The kids have no choice but to spend the night—while snacking on cafeteria food, sleeping on classroom floors, and facing off against a mysterious substitute teacher who may have a sinister secret. The latest adventure in the Lovecraft Middle School series features more adventures, more outrageous monsters, and another terrifying lenticular cover!"

{ Something New }

Vivian Apple at the End of the World
by Katie Coyle

Release date: January 6, 2015
Available as: hardcover, Kindle edition, ebook, audiobook
Pages: 262
Publisher: HMH Books for Young Readers
Suggested tags: young adult, apocalyptic



First in the Vivian Apple series. From Goodreads:
"Seventeen-year-old Vivian Apple never believed in the evangelical Church of America, unlike her recently devout parents. But when Vivian returns home the night after the supposed "Rapture," all that’s left of her parents are two holes in the roof. Suddenly, she doesn't know who or what to believe. With her best friend Harp and a mysterious ally, Peter, Vivian embarks on a desperate cross-country roadtrip through a paranoid and panic-stricken America to find answers. Because at the end of the world, Vivan Apple isn't looking for a savior. She's looking for the truth."

Look for my reviews for these books coming soon to the Book Nook!


What's on your { Something Old, Something New} reading list for this month? Pick a book that you've been meaning to read but haven't yet (your Something Old) and a new release or soon-to-be-released book (your Something New), read and/or review them, and share a link to your posts here! I'd love to share your books and reviews when I do my { Something Old, Something New } post at the end of each month. If you'd like to read/review more than 2 books, be my guest! I'm hoping I can do { Something Old, Something New } more often in the future too!

Want to put a { Something Old, Something New } button on your blog? I'd love that! Just copy and paste the code in the box below. I made the button using DeviantArt stock resources from flameshaft, gimei, and spiritsighs-stock and fonts from dafont.com and kevinandamanda.com.

2 comments:

  1. Will look forward to your review of Beastkeeper!

    I didn't end up reading {Something Old} this month (*hangs head in shame*), but I did read Meant to Be Mine and adored it! Here's the link to my review + March picks!

    ~Amber

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No head-hanging - I didn't get reviews done for either of mine this month! In fact I had put "Beastkeeper" on hold at the library at the beginning of the month and it only just came in this week, lol. But this is a no-pressure challenge, so no worries - we just try again next month! :)

      I added a link to your review and I'm off to check out your March picks right now!

      Delete