Tuesday, May 1, 2018

{ Top Ten Tuesday } Books I’d Slay a Lion to Get Early

{ Top Ten Tuesday } was started by The Broke and the Bookish but is now hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. She says, "It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together."


Books I’d Slay a Lion to Get Early

{ #1 }
City of Ghosts
by Victoria Schwab

I have read and fallen in love with many of this fabulous author's books (Exhibit A, Exhibit B, especially the entire series of Exhibit C), so any book of hers is on my automatic MUST READ list.







{ #2 }
A Court of Frost and Starlight
by Sarah J. Maas

I devour every A Court of Thorns and Roses book I get my hands on... I'm sure this novella will be no different.







{ #3 }
For a Muse of Fire
by Heidi Heilig

I fell in love so hard with The Girl from Everywhere, I can't wait to read another book by this author. And it contains EPHEMERA. (Be still my heart.)






{ #4 }
Hullmetal Girls
by Emily Skrutskie

This is getting high ratings on Goodreads, and it's maaaybe LGBTQ*, possibly with an asexual MC, if rumors are correct? That excites me - seems to be not a lot of representation for aces.






{ #5 }
The Lady's Guide to Petticoats and Piracy
by Mackenzi Lee

And SPEAKING of aces, here's the fabulous lady who got me interested in reading more books with ace MCs! I loooved everything about The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue and I can't wait to read more of Felicity's story!!





{ #6 }
The Loneliest Girl in the Universe
by Lauren James

This one is getting great reviews, and the one-liner from the synopsis alone hooked me! "A surprising and gripping sci-fi thriller with a killer twist," says Goodreads... I'm so ready.






{ #7 }
The Long-Lost Home
by Maryrose Wood

The final book in The Incorrigible Children of Ashton Place series! I've listened to the series on audiobooks all the way through and I can't wait to read the last book! Although it won't be the same without the amazing Katherine Kellgren narrating... :(




{ #8 }
Not the Girls You're Looking For
by Aminah Mae Safi

Really high ratings on Goodreads for this one too. Readers are saying it's a great look at female friendships with strong writing and a Muslim MC. I'm in!






{ #9 }
Sea Witch
by Sarah Henning

I looove a fairy tale retelling, and this one is calling out to my soul. LOOK AT THAT COVER.







{ #10 }
A Thousand Beginnings and Endings
edited by Ellen Oh & Elsie Chapman

An anthology of East and South Asian mythology. YES. I am so here for this.







What books made your list this week? Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment