Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Review: A Is for Artichoke by America's Test Kitchen Kids

A Is for Artichoke: A Foodie Alphabet from Artichoke to Zest
by America's Test Kitchen Kids; illustrated by Maddie Frost

Available as: board book
Pages: 26
Publisher: Sourcebooks Explore
Publication date: October 16, 2018
Suggested tags: board book, alphabet, food


From Goodreads:
"The perfect book for your little future foodie―straight from the experts at America's Test Kitchen!

This is so much more than an alphabet book! From artichokes to ganache and from oven to zest, this is a whimsical and informative introduction to words and kitchen concepts. Future chefs and food fans of all ages will delight in reading about everything kitchen-related! Three levels of learning means this book will grow with your little one from foodie basics to kitchen confidence! No other board book features ABCs and food in this way―and no other board book features the expertise of the cooks at America's Test Kitchen!
"

What an adorable board book for foodie babies and their parents! The illustrations are adorable – smiley little vegetables strolling with their baby vegetables, caramelized onions sunbathing, the Umami Express bus (heading nonstop to Flavor Town, I can only assume)… It’s literally too precious for words.

I love that this can be used with various ages: it starts with the standard “[letter] is for [word],” then includes a one-sentence explanation of the word, and then has a whole paragraph below that to explain the concept more fully to older readers.


I don’t even like cooking all that much and this book makes it so appealing that I want to drop everything and go to cooking school. The concepts covered include foods, cooking tools, appliances, methods of cooking, and more. It’s a great primer on all things food, and it would make an adorable gift for expectant parents who love cooking and want to introduce that love to their tiny foodie-to-be.

Final verdict: I loved it! I thought this book was great! I might buy it for myself and I would definitely recommend it to others.


{ Thank you to Edelweiss+ and the publisher for providing me with a review copy.
My reviews are honest and my opinions are my own; 
your reading experience may vary, so give it a read and see what you think. :) }

No comments:

Post a Comment