Thursday, December 5, 2019

Review: I'll Love You Till the Cows Come Home by Kathryn Cristaldi

I'll Love You Till the Cows Come Home
by Kathryn Cristaldi
illustrated by Kristyna Litten

Available as: hardcover
Pages: 32
Publisher: HarperCollins
Publication date: December 18, 2018
Suggested tags: picture book, bedtime, love



From Goodreads:
"I will love you till the cows come home from a trip to Mars through skies unknown, in a rocket ship made of glass and stone… I will love you till the cows come home.

Love knows no bounds in this tender tribute to the depths of family love. For fans of Guess How Much I Love You—only funnier!

This book extends the saying, “I’ll love you till the cows come home” to the humorous extreme. Along the way there are yaks in cadillacs, sheep setting sail, frogs on big-wheeled bikes, and more, in this great read-aloud.

I’ll Love You Till the Cows Come Home is filled with warm, funny art and rhythmic, romping text, perfect for curling up with your little one at the end of the day...or anytime you want to express your love."

I don't think I can put this one into my own words any better than they did in the synopsis: it's Guess How Much I Love You but with funnies. There are lots of silly combinations of animals and activities, worded in lyrical rhymes and paired with beautiful soft illustrations. After their adventures, the animals settle down to the sleep at the end, making this not just a fun anytime read, but a good bedtime read as well. Amidst all the giggles, it will surely remind children of just how very much they are loved.


Final verdict: I liked it! I thought this book was good! I enjoyed reading it and I would probably recommend it to others.



{ My reviews are honest and my opinions are my own; 
your reading experience may vary, so give it a read and see what you think. :) }

No comments:

Post a Comment