Saturday, December 7, 2019

Review: Crab Cake: Turning the Tide Together by Andrea Tsurumi

Crab Cake: Turning the Tide Together
by Andrea Tsurumi

Available as: hardcover, Kindle edition, ebook
Pages: 48
Publisher: HMH Books for Young Readers
Publication date: February 5, 2019
Suggested tags: picture book, sea creatures, conservation, baking


From Goodreads:
"Under the sea, a crab follows its heart and its calling, bringing everyone together in the wake of a disaster. Feed your craving for a hilarious, heart-warming story with Crab Cake, perfect for budding environmentalists, kids learning to cope with mishaps, and every young reader in between.

Under the sea, fish do what fish do: Seahorse hides, Pufferfish puffs up, Parrotfish crunches coral, and Crab . . . bakes cakes?
Scallop swims, Dolphin blows bubbles, and . . . Crab bakes cakes.
And so life goes on, until one night when everything changes with a
splash!
In the face of total disaster, can Crab's small, brave act help the community come together and carry on?
"

Crab is adorable and just wants to bake. (I love him so!) The other animals don't really understand what he's up to, but when trouble arrives in the form of a huge load of garbage dumped onto their ocean home, no one knows what to do... Except Crab! This was a really entertaining story, mixed with facts about sea creatures, a message to be kind to the earth, amazing artwork with lots of personality and lots of details to find, some good silliness, AND some resources at the end for how kids can learn more and help protect the ocean! This was a total winner for me and I'll definitely be watching for more picture books from this author!


Final verdict: I'm obsessed with it! I thought this book was amazing! It's now officially one of my favorite books! I shall be shouting about it from the rooftops for days and I am currently recommending it to everyone I come in contact with!



{ My reviews are honest and my opinions are my own; 
your reading experience may vary, so give it a read and see what you think. :) }

No comments:

Post a Comment